Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My complete teardown blog documentation assignment


Breaking Apart a Fisher price baby toy     http://makercommons.org/assignment/ct-137-hacking-and-building-assignment-for-the-week-of-february-8/

I was given the task to disassemble any electronic object and i chose a fisher price baby toy. Disassembling a simple electronic object would give me a fresh start in learning what's necessary in the mechanical world. 

Despite the fact that a fisher price toy may seem simple, theres a lot of components needed in making the toy function. The use of micro controls has allowed the toy  to make sounds when switching the lever up and down.










Supplies needed in disassembling 



  • screwdriver
  • wire cutter 

Removing the screws placed on the back of the fisher price toy is the first step in opening up the toy. It was hard  removing  the screws ,but once doing so , I was keenly interested on the microprocessor connecting the halves with wires upon opening up the toy.






     
         

Disassembling the inside 


The next crucial step I took was removing the screws placed inside the halves and was amazed at what I was seeing. Upon removing the screws , i came across a lighting processor placed on the back side of the toy, which is responsible for the lighting in the toy.







`












Once I removed  the screws from the front halve , I was able able to spot a couple of stuff.  I noticed that there were two micro controller ships and a micro processor .





The last thing left was to cut off the wires from their connectors and that required the use of the wire cutter .I carefully cut the tips where the wires started.





















No comments:

Post a Comment